Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Domino Addition Book

I made this to go along with our Every Day Calendar Counts program.  The students follow the teacher to color in their book.  For example, I have the students get two crayons.  I tell them to choose 1 color and color zero circles. We write 0 on the first blanks.  They put down that crayon and pick up the other color and color the center circle.  Then we write the rest of the number sentence.  Last we tell number stories that match the story.  We had 0 cats.  Then we went to the store and got one cat.  How many cats do we have now?  We continue up to 8 and 1.



Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this! Thank you so much for sharing! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Karlie said...

I just wanted to thank you for sharing with everyone on your blog! You have such cute ideas and awesome freebies:) If you get a chance, stop by my blog, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Thank you again for sharing! http://karlie-johnson.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-award-and-freebie.html

Amber Unger said...

Yes, I love this! We will be reading "Domino Addition" by Lynette Long this week and this is GREAT extension activity. Thank you! :)

Kinder Kiddo said...

I nominated you for an award! Come over to my blog to check it out!

Post a Comment